I cannot even begin to describe what a joy it has been to grow this business from the ground up. It’s such a privilege to get to do something I love so dearly for work! Today, I’m excited to announce that Cheers Babe is growing again! Last year we grew our team with the additions of Chris and Christa – you can read those stories by clicking their names. This year, we are looking for an associate wedding photographer located in the Bay Area who will be the perfect fit for the CBP team.
This biz spent the last 3 years in the Bay Area and grew an amazing crew of supporters and couples – who are still referring us even though we’re based in LA again! I’ll still be taking on some Bay Area weddings myself, but it’s not wise for me to fly up to SF every weekend! This is where you could come in!
Do you think you might be a perfect fit?
If you are interested in this position, or if you have a friend that would be interested, please thoroughly read the guidelines below. The link to apply can be found at the bottom of this blogpost!
All Applications are due no later than January 31st, 2020.
We cannot wait to hear from you!
You might be perfect for this job if:
-You love photographing weddings!
-You have a warm and fun personality, a flexible schedule, and a willingness to work hard
-You’ve been working as a wedding photographer for a bit, but are struggling with the business side of the work
-You’re overwhelmed with the day-to-day tasks of running a business
-You’ve experienced a recent lifestyle change (maybe you had a baby!) and feel like you’re barely staying afloat when it comes to running your business
-You may have recently graduated & are looking for even more experience
What we are looking for:
– Lives in the San Francisco Bay Area
– Someone who has a natural eye, gift, some experience and passion for wedding photography
– Someone who is organized
– A great work ethic is super important to us, as well as someone who loves to learn, can work and problem solve independently, is known for their hospitality and is very responsible
– Someone who is willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done with a cheerful attitude and contribute to our team
– Someone with excellent people skills and the ability to put people at ease
– A working knowledge of Canon DSLR camera equipment & shooting in manual
– Someone who values communication, feedback, and growth (personally and professionally)
Things you can expect from us, if you end up joining our team:
– How to become a successful wedding photographer
– Hands on photography training
– How to contribute to and interact with a small team
– Vendor relationships & networking
– How to work with a team of photographers
– What it takes to make weddings, sessions, and editorial/styled shoots successful
– Constant feedback and encouragement
– This will be a position that is compatible with another part time or full time job.
– This position does not include in-studio / office work, but it will require that you be available on Saturdays (for weddings) and in the afternoons & evenings (for sessions), occasional 30-60 min client meetings over video chat or in the studio, at big team events, and regular team meetings.
– You must own your own Canon photography equipment
– Compensation for work will be a percentage rate of CBP profits on jobs you’ve worked on
– Owning your own photography business does not disqualify you from this position, but we will require a certain amount of availability for bookings with CBP.
– We are not in a rush to hire, and we won’t if we don’t find the right fit for our team.
– We will be training you to have the “Cheers Babe look,” while drawing out your personal style as a photographer. We believe that the photographer’s creative eye goes hand in hand with our streamlined processes of shooting weddings.
– If you love taking photos but hate the business side of photography, you might have just hit the jackpot!
This could be YOU!