So … funny story. I actually talked to Rosemary before Cody even reached out to me about his proposal. Rosemary sent me a sweet note via DM on Instagram a while back that was super encouraging … including that she hoped we’d one day get to work together after she got engaged.
Fast forward a month or so & I get an email from Cody about his surprise proposal! A quick search later & I knew it was the same couple – so fun!!
If any of you is planning a proposal anytime soon, take notes from Cody. I’ll give you the bullet point version (which will never do the moment justice because it was so romantic)!
- Told Rosemary they’d be dressing up & going out to celebrate their 5th anniversary
- Blindfold Rosemary & walk her towards a beautiful champagne picnic outside, complete with roses, candles, a gift and a gorgeous view of the hills (all while romantic music is playing in the background)
- Open champagne and read a sentimental note to Rosemary using the phrase “I knew you were different when…” showering her with compliments & love
- Have her open a gift full of personal memories
- Ask her to stand and that the last surprise is “we’ll dance” & start slow dancing to a song Rosemary loves
- And the biggest surprise of them all drops to a knee with a gorgeous ring & proposes!!
All of this romance made the rain clear & brought the most stunning orange sunset I’ve seen in a very long time. Are you swooning yet?