Previously a suffragette house, then a civil rights meeting place, and even a progressive church, The Ruby Street in Highland Park is such a unique spot to say your “I do”s and celebrate! I just adore their historic stained glass windows and I’ve always been a sucker for Northeast Los Angeles.
Originally purchased and designed by creative duo, Lourdes Hernandez and Zach Leigh in 2016, the space became a staple in the LA wedding scene. In January of 2020, with the collaboration of interior designer Francesca ‘Kiki’ De La Fuente (of Pomelo) and creative partners Working Holiday Studio, the space had a stunning refresh and it’s looking more unique and special than ever! There is legitimately a perfect photo-opp or vignette in every corner of this vibrant space.
The Ruby Street feels intentionally designed and intimate but still ultra fun and spacious. The indoor space is most often used for receptions at, while the outdoor patio and backyard are perfect for a garden-style ceremony. One of my favorite things about the ceremony space is that it’s really beautiful in both directions, so the photos of the processional are just as great as the recessional. If you’re looking for a space that’s full of LA personality, look no further.
Here are some important features if you’re considering a wedding at Ruby Street:
- Valet parking is required if you have more than 60 guests
- They have AC
- Noise Rules – Event can run until 11pm indoors, but outdoor “quiet time” begins at 8pm since the venue is situated in a residential neighborhood
- There is already TONS of furniture, so you won’t need many rentals
- Fully equipped with an outdoor catering kitchen with easy load-in access
- They are offering micro wedding collections during the pandemic
- Maximum seated capacity is 175 people
- The space offers a 12-hour rental period, so you get to be on site all day and there are two separate, gorgeous and light-filled getting ready spaces
- A day of coordinator is required in addition to the on-site venue manager
All Photography by Cheers Babe Photo