A couple weeks ago, I had the pleasure of attending the Yellow Conference in Downtown Los Angeles. Yellow Co. describes the conference as “a gathering of creative women who are making an impact and using their gifts, skills and talents to serve the greater good. The ones who are willing to roll up their sleeves, step out in courage, and use their creativity for good”. The speakers were so inspiring to me, listening to how they’ve used their creativity, taken ownership of their gifts and calling and impacted lives around them.
The conference was extra fun for me because I went with my gal pals, Lindsay & Praise! We arrived a couple days earlier, hung out in Venice Beach and spent an afternoon on the Swan paddle boats in Echo Park – a highlight for me, I must say 😂. I’ll bring you along on those fun moments below & also share a few of my favorite take-away quotes from the Yellow Conference that I managed to scribble down!
I even ran into an old friend, Meredith! Love with these things happen 🙂
“Have respect for things people are doing off of instagram”. – Candice Kumai
“Spend time on these three things: 1)What you want 2)What you’re good at and 3)How you use your time” – Enid Hwang
An extra fun fact: The conference was held at the venue I was married at! So fun to go back and explore Hudson Loft & all of it’s new & beautiful additions to the space!
Also, DTLA has changed so much in the last 2 years! I was floored by how many new skyscrapers were being built.
“Don’t compare yourself to the person you think you should already be. It’s a trap!” – Alison Faulkner
Read more >
Ohhhhh, you guys. San Fransisco is such a lovely city. A couple weekends ago I spent just about 24 hours there with my good friend and former housemate, and it was really wonderful. Here are some tips and tidbits of beauty for your next trip there!
1. If you’re driving up from LA, like we did, plan to leave Mid-Morning around 9AM. You’ll miss the morning traffic up the 5 and you’ll beat the evening traffic heading into the city. I loved driving by these yellow windmill-filled hills that afternoon!
2. Stay in the Mission District! We were lucky to crash at Rachel’s brothers place in this neighborhood. It was walking distance to tons of restaurants, coffee & sightseeing, but far enough out of the hustle that it was pretty serene and we got to always walk across a small bridge into the city.
3. Get drinks at Novela. Each of their specialty cocktails is named after a famous literary character. We stopped in after dinner for a drink here and they were having a massive block party!
4. Grab an Iced Coffee or Pour-Over at Réveille Coffee – beautifully designed spot and open late! At night they even have a small corner bar and they project old movies on the wall.
5. Go for a walk and enjoy the gorgeous mix of historic and contemporary architecture!
6. Walk to a French-Style Cafe for breakfast on the patio at Caffe Centro. I ordered a fresh Açaî Bowl & a Latté and since we sat outside, they delivered it through the window! It was adorable! This café was probably my favorite spot on the trip.
Hopefully next time I get more than 24 hours!!!
Read more >
Jess, here! Happy to announce a new blog series I’m starting #JLSPinterestPicks!
We all know I’m awesome at blogging on a regular basis. Anyway, it is my honest intention to be updating my journal and providing new content on a much more frequent basis! I have found that with my personality type (dreamer by trade) that giving myself rituals and routines (like a repeating series) is extremely helpful in actually achieving the goals I have. Once I put a pattern in motion, it’s so much easier to follow through if there is a certain rhythm to follow.
Let me know if you enjoy seeing the Pinterest Picks & things that inspire me!
MID-JUNE JLS PINTEREST PICKS
1. Graphic Tile & Flooring
2. Tropical Plants & Cactus on Neutral Clean Backdrops
3. Warm-Tone Portraits
4. Abnormal and/or High Contrast Black & White Portraits
Image Credits in Order: Kasbah Telouet, KW Studio, Vosgesparis, Ilenia Martini, The Copper Sun, Janneke Luursema, Brydie Mack, Infused with Pastels, Claudia Bost, Osman, Hannah Khymych, & Frida Gustavsson