Ohhhhh, you guys. San Fransisco is such a lovely city. A couple weekends ago I spent just about 24 hours there with my good friend and former housemate, and it was really wonderful. Here are some tips and tidbits of beauty for your next trip there!
1. If you’re driving up from LA, like we did, plan to leave Mid-Morning around 9AM. You’ll miss the morning traffic up the 5 and you’ll beat the evening traffic heading into the city. I loved driving by these yellow windmill-filled hills that afternoon!
2. Stay in the Mission District! We were lucky to crash at Rachel’s brothers place in this neighborhood. It was walking distance to tons of restaurants, coffee & sightseeing, but far enough out of the hustle that it was pretty serene and we got to always walk across a small bridge into the city.
3. Get drinks at Novela. Each of their specialty cocktails is named after a famous literary character. We stopped in after dinner for a drink here and they were having a massive block party!
4. Grab an Iced Coffee or Pour-Over at Réveille Coffee – beautifully designed spot and open late! At night they even have a small corner bar and they project old movies on the wall.
5. Go for a walk and enjoy the gorgeous mix of historic and contemporary architecture!
6. Walk to a French-Style Cafe for breakfast on the patio at Caffe Centro. I ordered a fresh Açaî Bowl & a Latté and since we sat outside, they delivered it through the window! It was adorable! This café was probably my favorite spot on the trip.
Hopefully next time I get more than 24 hours!!!